If I were Marissa Mayer, I’d buy Path. Here is why:
Content = advertising space = value.
In this map of content flows we see that all other content producers have been acquired ( flickr, instagram, youtube). Path is still out there alone :)
- it brings back the fun of early Web gif images
- it is ego-centered. Everyone can be a star on Vine
- it is changing the world for the quicker : we speak of 6 seconds of fame instead of 15 minutes that used to be a standard in the old times
- it is where the fun is. Although, usually business quickly come to such places and try to spoil the fun.
- It brings instagram to the next level. it is not just about ” look how cool I am ” ( instagram) but about ” I am having fun - therefore I am cool “